Options

Settings do not sync with roaming profiles

KeeperOfTheSoulKeeperOfTheSoul Posts: 6
edited February 11, 2008 4:17AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Is there any way to set SQL Prompt to store its settings in 'application data' instead of 'local settings\application data' so that they will sync with roaming profiles?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    edited February 11, 2008 4:16AM
    Hi,

There are some SQL Prompt registry settings that can be used to change the location of the settings files, for instance to move them to a folder that will synchronize to your roaming profile. As far as I'm aware, these keys are read in SQL Prompt version 3.6 and higher.

I hope this is useful for you!
  • Options
    Hello,

I reckon Brian missed clipping the url in his reply, but the following should help you address your concern.
    Copy the xml files - EngineOptions and UIOptions from C:\Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 3 to C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 3
    This should help sync the prompt settings for any user logging in for the first time.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Sorry, indeed it was post 5196 I was trying to link to. I've updated the original post. Sorry for the confusion!