sqlbackup service account return to old one?

jeff_yaojeff_yao Posts: 2
edited January 28, 2008 9:38PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi all,

I am not sure whether any of you encountered my current issue before.

We had 6 clustered servers that were installed with SQL Backup v5.1 and that time, I installed SQL Backup with the service account as my own domain account, let's call it "Domain\PrivateAccount". One month ago, we upgraded to SQL Backup v5.2, and this time, we created a specific domain account dedicated to the SQLBackup service, let's call it "Domain\DedicateAccount". I believe the service account was changed but today, one of my weekly backup job failed, and when I tried to figure out why, I was astonished to find the service account is changed back to l my domain account "Domain\PrivateAccount".
The weekly job failed because I changed my Domain\PrivateAccount password just three days ago.

Any insights and help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Jeff

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    The service startup account for the SQL Backup Agent service is initially set up by the SQL Backup installer. Subsequent to that, the service never changes the service startup account. It does not have the capability to do that.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8