Options

Program crash for details on tables with identical rows only

R. SchreursR. Schreurs Posts: 17
After a comparison has run, I can open the results section '<n> tables or views with identical rows only'. Most of the time, I get the following error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at _133._8()
at _141._2(Boolean )
at _141._1(TableDifference , SessionSettings , Boolean , Boolean )
at _113._1(Object , TableDifference , Int32 , Boolean , Boolean )
at _129._1(TableDifference , Int32 , Boolean , Boolean )
at _129._1(Object , FocusedRowChangedEventArgs )

when clicking anywhere in the list.

I can give the complete call stack, if required.

Of relevance may be the fact that I have unchecked 'Show identical values in results'. After I checked the option, the error did not occur. After I unchecked it again, the Row Difference pane reported a red cell with text 'Excepti' for each row in a column labeled with two database symbols only. Clicking one row reported the message 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.', but did not crash the program.

I get this error with varying comparison projects, but not always. I also have checked the option 'Use checksum comparison'

Comments

• Options
    Does the program keeping going or does it throw you out? I've reproduced the error you're seeing but if I click 'continue' the UI keeps going.

I know it's not nice but I'm loathe to put a fix in for this right now as we're just in the release testing stage for 6.1.

What do you think?
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    I get the standard option for an unhandled excpetion, so yes, I can choose Continue and this works.

There is no need for a fix from my side. I mainly reported the bug to inform you. In practise, there is no real need to investigate identical rows :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for your understanding. I've added a 'Must Fix' bug for the next version - bug number SDC766.

Hope -apart from that- it's all working well for you.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd