Options

Backup will not complete - no logs, no entries

gsc_ghxgsc_ghx Posts: 73
edited January 14, 2008 10:49PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
My system full backup failed tonite. The SQL Server logs just say the spid was calling the backup file: Source spid59

Using 'xp_sqlbackup.dll' version '0005.01.00' to execute extended stored procedure 'sqlbackup'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

Source spid59

Using 'odsole70.dll' version '2005.90.1399' to execute extended stored procedure 'sp_OACreate'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

the Event viewer on the server reports:
SQL Server Scheduled Job 'DBA_Backup_System_Full' (0x67457ABAC30E1A4A9DBD5BCC28C14A0A) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2008-01-14 19:10:49 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by User gcoe. The last step to run was step 2 (Failure Notification). The job was requested to start at step 1 (DBA_Backup_System_Full).

And the logs in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(local) have not been written to since July.

I did open SQL Packup on this server and noticed that it tells me my job failed. But there is no information on what, why - nothing. I did see that the following information in properties notes: EXPIRED for the Edition. I am using version 5.1.0.2781. Question - did my backup fail because my license has expired?

any information will be greatly appreciated.

Again - Thank you.

g :?

Comments