compare - xml command line

tthornetthorne Posts: 3
edited January 9, 2008 11:12AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
What is the syntax/tags to call a project using xml for the return?

Comments

• The syntax to call SQLCompare.exe using a project for the settings and outputting an XML report is the following:

SQLCompare.exe /project:<project file name and path> /report:<path and file name of desired output file>

e.g. SQLCompare.exe /project:"C:\Project Directory\myproject.scp" /report:"C:\Report Directory\myreport.xml"

Is that what you were looking for?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • That helped thanks - couple of other questions:

Does Red Gate compare all db programming for sql server (2000 & 2005). I need something that will also compare things such as DTS, SSIS, etc .

For auditors, my goal is to automate a process and send daily reports on changes to any/all code on a SQL database. The generate scripts is a step in the right direction.
  • Unfortunately, SQL Compare does not compare DTS, SSIS, or server-level objects. It only compares database objects.

We used to sell a product called DTS Package Compare which compares DTS, and you can still get the (now unsupported) final release if you want (see http://www.red-gate.com/products/DTS_Pa ... /index.htm for details).

I've linked this forum thread to the feature requests asking for comparisons of SSIS and server-level objects.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software