Options

Work using SDC UI but not command line

kkchankkchan Posts: 33
Hi,
I have create SDC project and it works under SDC UI. However, I hit error if I run it using command line

SQLDataCompare /project:c:\myproject.sdc /ignoremissing /scriptfile:c:\abc.sql

Error: Comparison of '<loca>.mydb1' and '<local>.mydb2' are failed.
Invalid column name 'PInvoiceID'

However, I am sure the field is there.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

When you run the project in the GUI, had you unselected some tables? If so, in version 6.0, the command line ignored these selections when running a GUI project file.

This was fixed in version 6.1, released this morning. If you run Check for Updates (on the Help menu), you should be able to download 6.1.

If you're still having problems under 6.1, then we'll have another think!

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • Options
    Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. I am using an existing Project file created using the GUI in the command line tool. But the command line tool does not exclude the tables that I have de-selected from UI.
    You are saying that this has been fixed in v 6.1 but I am using SQL Compare 6.2.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Hi anshulabhat,

If you're referring to SQL Compare, I'll leave someone else to come back to you on your other post - this thread was originally related to SQL Data Compare, which is currently at version 6.1.1.

With regards to SQL Data Compare, I'm afraid in v6.1.1 we don't apply selections made in the UI projects when run via the command line. Instead, you can use the /include and /exclude switches on the command line to specify the objects you wish to compare and synchronise.

Hopefully the next release of Data Compare will address this issue, and mean that selections made in UI projects are used in the command line as well.

Many thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • Options
    There is now a patch that has fixed this bug. This is released on the understanding that testing on this patch has been limited, and not been subjected to the usual rigorous testing regime.

Please email support@red-gate.com for assistance.
    Chris Buckingham
    Red-Gate support