Options

Authentication failure

Hi, i juste buy the ants pro version and when i try to start a profiling session, i have an error message box :
There was a probleme starting the profiler.
Authetification failure
Plesase check the vent for more details

In event viewer:

Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Authentication failure ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateAuthenticatedStream(Stream netStream, String machinePortAndSid)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateAuthenticatedStream(Stream netStream, String machinePortAndSid)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, SocketCache socketCache, String machinePortAndSid)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.CreateSocketHandler(Socket socket, String machineAndPort)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)

I try on two computer, one is vista ultimate, the other is a w2k3 stantard server. The two os are us , in a windows domain.

Could you help?

Thanks a lot (sorry for poor english writing)

Comments

• Options
    I try with a local administror account, i have the same issue

Regards
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Loic,

I've looked into a few things in the ANTS Profiler code, namely how security is implemented on the remoting channel and whether or not it uses a fixed TCP port. I do not see either of things causing this problem, so I think since this is such an odd one, it must be because of a personal firewall or anti-virus.

It appears that a connection is opened between the application you're profiling and ANTS Profiler, but that connection is later closed, so my opinion is that something is interfering with the remoting channel at the socket-level.

I hope this gets us closer to solving the problem.