Options

https and session state

Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
edited March 22, 2005 4:44PM in ANTS Load
Hi Peter,

I can think of a few things to try. First, make sure that the certificate is installed and that the root CA is installed, ie. the certificate for the website came from a valid Certification Authority like Thawte.

Second, you might try using the fully-qualified domain name in your WebClient.Get requests. Sometimes the WebRequest class that we use for HTTPS requests requires this. Basically, if you can open the website in IE on that machine without getting a certificate warning, provided you haven't disabled warnings about invalid certificates in IE, you should be able to run the ANTS Load script against it.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Peter,

I've sent you a modified ANTS Load Engine dll that disables the certificate validation checking. That should hopefully clear up all of the SSL problems, as they're all usually related to invalid/expired certificates.
  • Options
    Hi,

It appears that ANTS Load was not handling cookies properly during secure requests either. I've sent the patch to correct this problem as well as the certificate problem.
  • Options
    Brian,

We've seen issues with similar results. Could you send thad modified dll to dhussain_80@yahoo.com as well.

Regards,
    Danish.
  • Options
    Hi Danish,

My pleasure! There is still one outstanding issue with Windows Forms authentication and SSL that we're trying to work out. It happens when you set the authentication mode to "forms" in Web.Config.
  • Options
    Ok, everything is fixed now. The .net Framework HttpWebRequest class that we use to generate SSL requests was configured to automatically respond to HTTP 302 status codes by automatically getting the page in the Location header. We've disabled the AutoRedirect property and now it acts just like our own HTTP web client class.

I've sent both of you the patched dll.
  • Options
    I think I've got the exact same problem with my site and I'd love that patched .dll too.

Try to send to
    ext.magnus.martensson@remove this tieto.com

seems that was an internal mail address it worked when I tested it internally but not externally. Please use:
    ext.magnus.martensson@remove this tietoenator.com

Thanks in advance!

/Magnus
  • Options
    Hello Magnus,

Thanks for writing us. I've emailed the updated files to you.
This discussion has been closed.