Options

Evaluation question

kkchankkchan Posts: 33
Hi,
I have few questions as below.

1. I have master and child tables, Sales and LineItems. When I sync sale txns from retail shop to HQ, i would need to filter using column TerminalID.
This field is only exist in Sales table but not LineItems. How would Red-Gate data compare handle this?

2. I have table that, I need to filter rows based on certain column. However, the criteria is not exist in that table. For example, I need to filter Sale table based on LocationID. However, this field is not exist in table. This table only contain column TerminalID. In order to get LocationID, I would need to retrieve it from table Terminals. How could I set?

3. The data compare would be taking place to multiple retails shop with HQ. The settings are almost the same. The differences might only the value of filter criteria. As the example above, LocationID/TerminalID is vary to each retail. How should I have this? Edit the project file?

4. If I would like to test the sync performance at my customer site using evaluation copy, is it possible?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    1. You could use a WHERE clause to reference the other table e.g.
    WHERE LineItem.salesID in (select salesID from Sales where TerminalID = 45)

2. Similar to method 1

3. The easiest method would be to edit the project file or use the SQL Toolkit to create an application of your own based on the comparison and synchronization engine of SQL Data Compare.

4. Yes :D

HTH
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    You could use a WHERE clause to reference the other table e.g.
    Code:
    WHERE LineItem.salesID in (select salesID from Sales where TerminalID = 45)

Hi,

Thank you for reply. As the value of 45 in the sql statement above might vary. Anyway I could replace it with "parameter" so that I could assign value to it during runtime?
    WHERE LineItem.salesID in (select salesID from Sales where TerminalID = @lnTerminalID)

Thank you
  • Options
    Hi,

At the moment, we don't support custom parameters in WHERE clauses - we'll keep it in mind for the future, though. If you need this kind of flexibility, I'd look at the SQL Toolkit, since that would let you do this sort of thing behind your own user interface.

Thanks for the suggestion,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate