Options

I don't see the add-in in Visual Studio 2003

It’s probably a newbie question but I have installed the trial version of Ants Profiler 3 but I don’t see, as the videos shows, the ‘ANTS’ menu under Visual Studio 2003.

I'm able to "start" the application manually (so the installation was OK) but I don't see this under Visual Studio 2003. If I look the "add-in" in Visual Studio (Tools, Add-in Manager), the 'ANTS' is not there also...

Do I have to download / set something else?

Did the evaluation version allows this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for your post. The ANTS Profiler demo has all features enabled, including the add-ins for Visual Studio 2003 and 2005. (VS2008 is supported by a workaroundat this time).

If the ANTS menu item is not available in Visual Studio, either it was not installed, or there is a problem with the extensibility components of Visual Studio. Since installer doesn't install the add-in by default, leaving the option to install it deselected at the end of the installation, it's common for the add-in option to go overlooked. Re-running the installer may do the trick.

If the add-in is not installing, then there is a procedure to install it manually, which is a bit more work in VS 2003 than it is for VS 2005. First, you would open a VS 2003 command prompt and register the dll (regasm /codebase "%programfiles%\red gate\ants profiler 3\RedGate.Profiler.VSAddin2003.dll"). If any error messages are written, then we need to troubleshoot them.

Hopefully this helps!
    then reset the development environment (devenv /reset)