Options

Profile 3.1 doesn't work well in Vista

Is it just my machine, 3.1, or Vista,
But I get no source code from the Plugin, debug build, VS 2005, ever-present pdb's.

Competitive products appear to work in this environment.
help?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I don't think the problem is Vista, unless it's some UAC issue. ANTS Profiler has been extensively tested on Vista (as much as you can test an OS with 6 different editions and comprising 50 million source lines of code).

I can't think of any difference in the way that source code location is handled -- it's still the same mechanism. Find PDB, open PDB, query it for a line or method's source code, open source code, and put a marker at the appropriate offset and display it in the source view.

Maybe your assemblies aren't being loaded from the local folder you think they are loading from and maybe they are actually loading from the GAC?
  • Options
    If ANTS would list the location of the assembly, this could be confirmed.

In my code, when I do a look for critical files, on a seek failure, i like to state explicitly what was being looked for and not found.

"No source code loaded" is a bit terse in this case.

Ben
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Ben,

If you right-click the column header in the all methods panel, you can select the column chooser and drag the 'module file' up into the list of columns being displayed. This will indicate the full path to the assembly that each method had been loaded from.