Options

Compare to Script Folder not finding object script

Justin SpindlerJustin Spindler Posts: 18
edited November 12, 2007 10:23AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I generated a script folder from a synchronization project between a live database and a script folder. All of the object scripts were created correctly, however when I compare the database to the folder it claims that a single stored procedure does not exist in the folder. The file for the script does exist. If I synchronize the database again it creates another SQL file for the object appending the number 1 to the file name, but will still not find the file.

I exported the database to a snapshot and performed the comparison using that snapshot to the script folder and the result was the same. SQL Compare 6 claims that the script file for the stored procedure does not exist in the script folder.

I can provide the snapshot file if you wish to attempt to reproduce this problem.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like SQL Compare is generating a stored procedure file with a syntax error of some kind in it, and then is failing to read it back. This could be a bug in SQL Compare, or it could be that the syscomments entry in your database for that stored procedure is corrupted.

If you could send me the snapshot (michelle.taylor@red-gate.com) then I should be able to work out what the problem is and either put it on the list to get fixed or tell you what is wrong with your syscomments table.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Yup, that's a bug in SQL Compare (for some reason the parser gets confused about the Else statement). Sorry - it's now in the system and we'll try to get it fixed for the next point release.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software