Options

Location of settings

mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
edited November 15, 2007 11:45AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,
We run SQLPrompt and SQL Refactor in our citrix environment which uses roaming profiles. I need to find out where the settings for these two tools are located, eg files, registry.. so that i can create a logon script that will be executed for every user so that they receiave the correct tool seetings.

Comments

• Options
    The user settings and options are stored in the user profile of the user who installed the product i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 3

I'm not entirely sure how a Citrix environment works but I would think that these options files would be stored in the related location.
  • Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention where the SQL Refactor options were saved. You can find these in the following folder - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Refactor\Options
  • Options
    mipe10mipe10 Posts: 72 New member
    Hi,
    I couple of additional questions. If the settings are stored in the profile of the userwho installed SQLPrompt, what happens if that user and his profile is removed? Is the program gone stop working? that sounds very strange!

Regarding SQLRefactor, i have checked under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Refactor\Options and there are no files located there!?
  • Options
    If the files are not there then SQL Prompt should recreate them.

Lionel
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software