Unable to access backup file. Error msg

BitPailBitPail Posts: 2
edited November 5, 2007 5:27PM in SQL Log Rescue
When trying to choose backup files, I get a list of table entries but beside each one of them I get "Unable to access backup file" and the message: "Backups from the database may be specified using path names that are inaccessible from this host. Manually update these paths if the backups are required."

The problem is I have no idea where these files are. The file names look like this:

DATABASENAME_00_88ebb5d4_4440_433a_a3b8_f9688f2af9b8_

But I have no idea where that file is, I only know where the ldf files are.

I'm using a SQL Server 2000 db on a remote machine. I've even tried installing the software on the same server as the remote machine with the admin account, but I get the same error.

Can anyone help me on this matter?

Comments

• Thanks for your post.

The most likely reason you are getting this problem is because the backup files are no longer in the same place as they were when the backup was originally taken. The location reported when querying the backup history will only show you where SQL Server believes the files to be, not necessarily where they actually are now.

Assuming that the backups haven't also been renamed, you could try doing a search on the server for the file names you know and see if that can find them for you.

I hope this is helpful.
    Chris