Upgrade server down

meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
I've been trying to update my SQL Data Compare 5 (5.4.0.64) for nearly two weeks. I keep getting Unable to connect to the update server.
Larry M
Cleveland, OH USA

Comments

• Hi,

I've just tried it and it works for me. I'm wondering if there's a proxy blocking you at your end?

I'll PM you and see if I can help you get the latest version.

Regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
    No it is not.

I start SQL Data Compare 5. In the Help About screen, it is version 5.4.0.64. As in the other tools that I have used, I click on Help, the Check for Updates. In the Red Gate Update Service window I click on the Check for Updates button. I get two green bars and the ? Unable to connect to the update server, then I close the window.

Since I use SQL Backup 5, I started that app. I know there is an error in the reporting of the Current and Latest version, but the Check Update button at least returns with a "New free maintenance releases available" message.
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA
  • SQL Backup and SQL Data Compare use different update server components. Looks like for some reason you're getting through to the SQL Backup update server but not SQL Data Compare.

If you can navigate via your web browser to
    http://update.red-gate.com/updateserver/check.asmx
    that is where the server is. If you can see that but it can't connect looks like the SOAP query is getting corrupted en-route somehow.

Anyway I'll be your update service for today and tell you that yes there is an update to SQL Data Compare 5 - it's SQL Data Compare 6. You can download it from...

http://www.red-gate.com/products/SQL_Da ... /index.htm

HTH
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • meklemblmeklembl Posts: 107 Bronze 2
    Thanks.
    Larry M
    Cleveland, OH USA