Options

Server Component install issue

mandsmands Posts: 4
edited October 24, 2007 6:26AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Installed Server components on DEV and PROD servers all went fine.
On the TST server i had and evaluation copie of SQL backup 4.xx

i cannot install the new version of the tools i`m getting an error :

The SQL Backup Agent service cannot start, or is taking too long to start up.

Is there a way to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    Tried installing locally but get this error in service manager

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SQBCoreService.exe ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The service process could not connect to the service controller.
  • Options
    Found a solution.

I looked at the registery settings for the second named instance.

reproduced the same structure for the first named instance.

Then was able to edit the service parameters and re-enter the NT login info and password.

I have gotten everything to work i can now install liscensing info.

I think an issue night have been that i used and old SQL Backup version on this server.

But i'm not to worried.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Uninstalling the version 4 and installing the version 5 server components will allow the installer to freshly configure all of the SQL Backup settings, especially if these have changed from version 4.

While upgrading should work in most cases, there have been some minor issues with upgrading from version 4 to version 5 components.

Good to see you have managed to resolve your issue already, if you require any help from us feel free to post again.

Thanks,
    Jason