Options

Script Folder compares differently to live database

StanTheManStanTheMan Posts: 2
edited January 13, 2009 7:14AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I created a scripts folder from a database and exported. Then I turn around and immediately do a comparison between the two. The report says that one stored procedure is only in the database, though I can go to the Stored Procedures directory of the scripts folder and the file is there. I then performed a synchronization to the scripts folder, but the subsequent compare still says the same stored procedure is missing from the scripts folder. I retried the process from the beginning and also get the exact same results. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stan

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stan,

The first thing that I can think of is that there is some syntax in the stored procedure that SQL Compare doesn't like, but is okay with SQL Server. Syntax from SQL Server 6.5 and early could cause this behaviour. Does this procedure do anything out of the ordinary? Is it possible that you can post it?

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    StanTheMan wrote:
    I created a scripts folder from a database and exported. Then I turn around and immediately do a comparison between the two. The report says that one stored procedure is only in the database, though I can go to the Stored Procedures directory of the scripts folder and the file is there. I then performed a synchronization to the scripts folder, but the subsequent compare still says the same stored procedure is missing from the scripts folder. I retried the process from the beginning and also get the exact same results. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Stan

Error reporting for scripts folders should be much improved in SQL Compare 8. Please could you try the beta and let us know if it behaves as you would expect?

The beta can be found here: http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=8303

Regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software