Options

SQB did not acknowledge receipt of data

kmak4redkmak4red Posts: 5
edited October 15, 2007 11:17PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am trying to add a server SQL backup using SQL server authentication. Connection is failing with this error code:
SQB service did not acknowledge receipt of data (WAIT_TIMEOUT

We created a backup job on this server, it was running fine for long and than it failed. I login to server, start redgate, adding SQL server is giving me this error. When I am running the job previuosly created on red-gate in SQL server studio, I am getting a failure code 5250.
Standard troubeshooting is not providing any colution, please advise specifics steps to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    What happens when you run the following from Query Analyzer/Management Studio:
    EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASE model TO DISK = [c:\model.sqb] WITH INIT"'

Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    I get the same error after doing several successful restores to a new server. The version I am running is (5.1.0.2781) on SQL 2005 64 bit enterprise ver (9.0.3186) I have confirmed that the agent was running, and then stopped/started it. No help.

Results of test:

EXEC master..sqlbackup '-sql "BACKUP DATABASE model TO DISK = [c:\model.sqb] WITH INIT"'

After 15 seconds:

ERRSQB: 5240 (SQB service did not acknowledge receipt of data. (WAIT_TIMEOUT)) ()

exitcode 5240
    sqlerrorcode 0
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to turn on the debugging information for the SQL Backup applications. Could you pls send me the resulting log files?

Thanks.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8