Options

No suggestion prompt

MikeyCMikeyC Posts: 249 Bronze 3
I get no automatic suggestion prompt if I type the following:

SELECT *
FROM MASTER.dbo.spt_values msp
WHERE 1<>msp.<cursor>

But if I hit ctrl-space it does bring up the suggestions, just not the correct ones in some cases. Sometimes it brings up the correct ones for the table alias and other times it doesn't. If I put a space between "<>" and the alias it works correctly.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Can you confirm the version of SQL prompt you are currently running?

I recreated the issue you reported about the candidate list not appearing after the <> without manually pressing ctrl-space or leaving a space. I have logged this in our development database as SP-783. Thanks for letting us know.

However, in the version I tested, the correct candidates were always populated in the list when I pressed ctrl-space. Do you have any other examples that might demonstrate the fault?
    Chris
  • Options
    I am running SQL Prompt 3.6.0.109, and I can't remember exactly what query I had that caused the suggestions to come up incorrect. If it happens again I will come back and post additional information.

Sometimes it is hard to supply examples that you can use, since you don't have the DB/table structure, and I can't always share the code.
  • Options
    This issue still exists in 3.8.0.244, where you have to have spaces between the operator and the objects you are comparing for candidates to work properly.

This does not work:

SELECT *
    WHERE 1<>msp.<cursor>

While this does:

SELECT *
    WHERE 1 <> msp.<cursor>

The other operators I have found to suffer from requiring a space after them before the suggetions work are:

>
    <
    !>
    !<

Michael