Options

Prompted for authentication to table alias

cshiertscshierts Posts: 2
edited September 10, 2007 11:24AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm using SSMS and SQL Prompt 3.5 and as I am executing select statements I am being prompted to authenticate for SQL Prompt. The authentication prompt shows that a user name and password are wanted for Server.TableAlias (ex. DevServer.pers). I attempt to enter my user name and password but the authentication fails. I am using SQL Server authentication for this. I know that SQL Prompt has my user authenticated because sometimes when I'm typing my select statement I get prompted just fine with my list of tables, columns etc. I tried opening a new instance of SSMS to make sure that it wasn't that particular instance of SSMS having problems and I am still having the same problem.

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi there,

We've seen this reported a few times so there's definitely a problem there. Unfortunately we've never been able to isolate and reproduce it here so I'm not really too sure what to suggest. If you're not working cross-database you can disable the cross-database support in the Options dialog which will definitely stop this behaviour.

Other than that we have a release coming out within the next week or two that fixes a related issue and which may fix this. I'd recommend giving it a go when it becomes available and see what happens then.

Sorry I'm unable to provide any more specific information, but hopefully that will help.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    Finally we've managed to reproduce this problem, and I've put in a fix for it this morning which will be available in the 3.6 release. We're planning to get that out later this week. I'll make an announcement on the forums when it becomes available. Note that this problem isn't fixed in the 3.6 EA release that's currently available.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd