Filter rows for a table to compare

Shloma BaumShloma Baum Posts: 4
Is there any way to filter a table when comparing (using the toolkit), for instance I would like to filter that it should only compare on rows that for of its fields has a specific value

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Shloma,

We had just posted an article about this elsewhere on the bulletin board:

http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... .php?t=556

Please let me know if you have any questions on this!
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply, however that article dosnt' really solve my problem.

what I would like to do is, for example I have a table called contacts in 2 databases that I want to compare, I want database 2 should be equal to database 1, but in database 1 in the table Contact I have a field called IsActive and I want to compare only on records that has IsActive=1.

Actually its something similer to compare a View with a table.

I hope you got my point.

Best Regards,
    Shloma
    Hi Shloma,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. You want to only synchronize records with a certain value in a column rather than simply omitting columns. You can do this in Data Compare Engine, but it's a bit complicated because it involves setting up a SelectionDelegate object. I will email you the example code to do this because it's much, much easier to look at the example than for me to try to explain it.
    Hi Shloma,

Actually I could use some clarification from you: The Data Compare library needs to compare all records; the records that appear in the synchronization script are what you can pick and choose.

So the question is: do you want to synchronize the records that have IsActive set in both databases, or if the flag is set in one database or the other?
  • Hi Brian,

I want to compare the records where IsActive is True for both databases.

Thank you very much for your help.
    Shloma
This discussion has been closed.