Reporting SQl Backup Performance

rick.sheeleyrick.sheeley Posts: 32
edited August 31, 2007 12:44PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have been through all the documentation, the help files, and these forums, and nowhere do I see that there are any reporting tools built into SQl Backup, not even something as simple as an output of database, backup type, ran duration , completed, etc.

Am I just completely missing the ball on this, or is this true? And if it is, how do I produce reports on the performance of your product outside of taking screen shots and pasting them into a document (tacky)?

Rick
"Irreversible decisions are good for the soul."
Eric (Rick) Sheeley, Sr. SQL/Oracle DBA
Sacramento, CA Cell: 602.540.6750
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    If you are using SQL Backup 5, the GUI allows you to generate some reports on the backups that have been performed. The function is located on the Tools\Reporting menu.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • There is a page in the help file under the 'Creating Backups' section called 'Reporting'.

If you click F1 when you have the Reporting dialog open (Select Tools -> Reporting) it should open the help file at the correct page.
    Helen Joyce
    SQL Backup Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • I have been through all the documentation, the help files, and these forums, and nowhere do I see that there are any reporting tools built into SQl Backup, not even something as simple as an output of database, backup type, ran duration , completed, etc."

Have fun:

exec master..sqbdata 'SELECT * FROM backuphistory order by backup_start desc'
    Dave Rutledge
    Database Administrator
    SNL Financial LC