Options

Evaluation Discoveries

I am currently evaluating this product and have found the following issues so far:

The Visual Studio 2005 integration could use improvements. In my VB.NET project, I have entered the required command-line parameters for my console application. Why must I copy and paste this same information after clicking ANTS|Performance Profiler on the Visual Studio menu? After entering the parameters in the profiler, saving the project file, closing the profiler then restarting it with the same menu item, I am forced to enter the command-line parameters again. I know I can cancel the wizard and load the project file, but why must I do this?

The lack of printing as mentioned in another post. This usually is not a problem for me, since I have SnagIt installed (which will capture the output of any screen). However, the source code view is split between two panes. The code portion scrolls, and the statistics portion is non-scrollable and fixed. Due to this, I cannot acquire a decent screen capture (which is my lack of print work-around). The export to HTML option is not a good solution to this, because I am missing the presentation I see in the source code view. I would suggest adding printing as a feature at some point.

The source code viewer performs some odd formating of my code. For example, take the following line of VB code:

Call sbPathParm.Replace("\", "\\").Append("HTML\\")

The code viewer treats this as a link and transforms the text '\\").Append("HTML\\' to a hyperlink. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jamil,

Thanks a lot for your input! I have logged your suggestions down to be implemented in a future version of ANTS Profiler.

I'm sorry I don't believe there is a way to change the RTF writer that produces the source code window so that it does not treat strings beginning with '\\' as a UNC path.