Options

How to print summary results

I have been evaluating the ANTS Profiler and it seems like a wonderful product. I have only one issue... Short of a screen capture, I cannot find a way to print the Performance Profiler Results Summary.

I need to be able to show on paper that class X performed one way at some point in the past, and now performs another way after optimization.

IMO, printing is basic functionality. I cannot believe that there is no way to get a hard copy of the results. I am sure I must be totally missing something.

Searches of ANTS Help and these forums have turned up nothing. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

You're correct in that ANTS Profiler cannot print. The workaround is to use the export to HTML function and then print a hardcopy using the web browser. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I saw that I could export to XML, but missed the HTML file type. (I knew I was missing something!)

I have a couple of suggestions for future versions...

1. Do not let the file type in the export file dialog drive the format. It is easy to overlook. :wink: I would rather see an "Export" menu option with "To XML", "To HTML", etc. sub menu options. Of course this is just my preference.

2. If I export to HTML it would be nice to have the formatting match the results summary. Even better would be options to export the "Summary" or "All Methods" panels to HTML while maintaining the formatting of the ANTS results panels.

Thanks again. This is a terrific product and we will be purchasing pro licenses for our entire development staff. I appreciate your help.