Options

SSMS add-in fails to load

richtebbrichtebb Posts: 3
edited August 27, 2007 1:48PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I'm getting the following problem when I start SQL Server Management Studio:

SQLPromptProb.png

I've tried uninstalling SQL Prompt and reinstalling, etc - I upgraded to the latest version too, no joy. The only change I have recently made (that I can think of) is that I entered my new licence key.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

This seems to happen occasionally. This information should help:

http://www.red-gate.com/support/kb/KB200702000008.htm
  • Options
    Thanks Brian, that seems to have done the trick.

I actually searched for "80070002" on the Web site before posting, and didn't find the doc you referenced, so maybe a problem with the search? Anyway, all up and running now - cheers!
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm glad you've got it working.

The KB articles aren't linked into the site yet, which is why they aren't in the search results. As soon as we get the latest support pages up, this information will be much easier to find.
  • Options
    mbourgonmbourgon Posts: 32 Bronze 2
    Already tried the KB mentioned (http://www.red-gate.com/support/kb/KB200702000008.htm), that didn't work. All the steps succeeded, but it's still not coming up in SSMS (QA working fine, surprisingly enough).

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    Hard to say, without knowing which file was not found.

There isn't going to be an easy solution to this. You can use fusion logging to find out if this is an assembly binding failure by setting the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\LogPath

registry key using regedit by adding the above as a new string entry, specifying the location to log (it must be a folder that already exists) and then setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\LogFailures

as a new DWORD and set the value to '1'. Then binding failures will be reported and at least we may know which file is failing. Event logs are also a good source of information.

If you've got a support contract, you may just send an email to support and see if someone can figure out what's going on by remote support.

And there is always the ubiquitous 're-install management studio' option.