Install problems

tdelboscotdelbosco Posts: 5
Hello

I'm attempting to install the SQL Professional Toolkit on a workstatation and I'm getting the following error as soon as the install starts:

System.IO.IOException: No more data is available.

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode,String Str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.InternalGetSubKeyNames()
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.GetSubKeyNames()
at _3._1
at RedGate.ToolbeltInstallerWizard.Engine.Installed.Configuration._1()
at RedGate.ToolbeltInstallerWizard.Engine.Installed.Configuration..ctor(Product product)
at RedGate.ToolbeltInstallerWizard.Engine.Product..ctor(ToolbeltProjectItem projectItem)
at RedGate.ToolbeltInstallerWizard.Engine.productSet..ctor(String projectFile, String xmlFile)
at RedGate.ToolbeltInstallerWizard.Engine.ProductSet.Load()
at _44..ctor()
at _55..ctor()
at _58._1()

I used this same download on a different box 2 weeks ago with no problem. The install was the only thing going when I ran it.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

The Toolbelt Installer looks in this registry key to get a list of currently-installed Red Gate products:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

I've never run into this error before, but my best guess would be corruption in the registry. Maybe a NULL character has found its' way into the name of one of the subkeys. I'm not sure how you can fix that.
  • Thanks Brian....there was something up with the version I downloaded. It appeared to work on some machines and not on some. I downloaded the latest version and it worked everywhere.

Tim