Error on Upgrade

TomAndersonTomAnderson Posts: 11
edited August 22, 2007 6:04AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
I have some code that i have been itching to upgrade to SQL Compare 6.

After installing and updating the references, on build i now get this error, but no other errors in my actual code.

Any idea how to solve this? (tried deleting the obj dir already).
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\CBS Software\Desktop\Libraries\RedGate\RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    Are you using a 64-bit system? The error you're reporting is normally caused by trying to build a 64-bit application against 32-bit DLLs. If this is your problem, I'll look into reproducing it and see if we can find a workaround.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Yeah, im running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit.

I have the project already setup to build 32bit, even doing the license file pre-post build events as stated in the KB.
  • Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    Can you check that on the Build tab of your project's Properties, the 'Platform target:' is set to x86? I can reproduce your error when this is set to 'Any CPU', but setting it to x86 fixes the problem for me.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • The problem is, i need x64 support.

setting to x86 works, but breaks the microsoft standard of being able to run both 32 and 64 bit.

Any chance we can get a fix?
  • I've noted your request in our feature request tracking system, so we'll consider it next time we're looking for what to add to Toolkit, but I'm not sure when we'll be doing a sufficiently major release of Toolkit to look at this kind of request.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software