Options

SQL Prompt 3.5 crashes Data dude

bagshabagsha Posts: 2 Bronze 2
edited August 2, 2007 6:12AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi

This occurs with SQL Prompt version 3.5 (which I just upgraded to) and Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Database professionals Service Release 1 on top of Visual Studio Team Suite with Service Pack 1, running on Windows XP.

I know that VS 2005 Data Dude is not supported but it should also not cause a crash to VS 2005 either.

I’m getting an ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’ in the following circumstances and a looping exception condition.

Do a schema comparison between 2 databases.

The SQL code to update the schemas is displayed in the Object Definitions window (this window details the Source Object and Target Object deltas).

If I click in either of these sub windows (Source or Target) then I get an ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’ and have to manually kill VS 2005 via Task Manager, which also loses any unsaved changes.

The displayed stack trace indicates that it is caused by SQL Prompt so you really need to get it fixed.

I can include the loaded assemblies dump if you can't reproduce the issue.

Shaun

--- STACK TRACE ---

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at _1.GetConnectionProperties()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Editor.EditorWindowBase.CheckConnectionChanged()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonUI.Editor.EditorWindowBase.OnSetFocus()
at RedGate.SQLPrompt.CommonVS.Editor.VSEditorWindow.OnTextViewSetFocus(VSTextView textView)

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for reporting that. We defiantly should not be crashing in that situation. I will put a fix in 3.6. In the mean time I am afraid the best I can suggest is that you disable SQL Prompt while Data Dude. Very sorry for the inconvenience.

Lionel
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software