Options

SQL Backup Ver 5.1 not creating cluster resources

ToehoToeho Posts: 73
edited August 3, 2007 3:48AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have an 2 node cluster with 4 instances of sql installed and clustered. When I install the server components one instance is installed correctly, one instance the clustered resource does not get created, one instance the resource stays in an online pending state, and the last instance the backup service gets created on one node but not the other. Can you please provide some advice??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Here are some suggestions:

- for the case where the clustered resource does not get created
    Was the SQL Server resource in the cluster group renamed? This is because the installer assumes that the SQL Server resource was not renamed, and looks for the default name to determine in which cluster group the SQL Backup cluster resource should be created in.

- for the case where the SQL Backup cluster resource cannot start
    I would suggest removing the cluster resource. Then try starting the SQL Backup service manually and see if it can start. One common problem is that the SQL Backup service has been configured to start with a wrong instance (-I) parameter.

- for the case where the service was created on one node but not the other
    I would suggest running SQBServerSetup.exe on the other node manually, but don't install it as a cluster-enabled installation.

If you have any problems, you can refer to this document. The installer works as described in that document, and may help in troubleshooting when things don't turn out as designed.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8