3.5 installer

moffmoff Posts: 34
edited July 31, 2007 12:57PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Is there an installer for just SQL Prompt (the newly-released v3.5)?

When I go to the upgrade centre and enter our licence code the URL given is for the SQL Prompt Bundle (29mb vs 2.5mb for just the RC of sql prompt)

Ta, Moff.

Comments

• Yes, the 29mb file is the correct version. SQL Prompt is distributed only in the Prompt Bundle. This installs SQL Prompt as the default, but has a few related packages that you can choose to install (e.g. SQL Refactor).
    Jason Crease
    Red Gate Software
  • These are all trial versions though aren't they?

It would be nice to have a single-product installer available :)
  • Yes, what you download is the trial version of SQL Prompt, SQL Refactor, etc in one installer. When you run the installer, you can choose what you'd like to install.

If you do have a license (like you do for SQL Prompt I assume), then that product will just work indefinitely. Any other product you install but don't have a license for (I assume this applies for you to SQL Refactor, etc), will expire after 14 days.

We decided to deliver Red Gate products as a single installer as it made it easier for us (since we only need to worry about one installer), and easier for our customers (since there's only the one installer, which can install whatever Red Gate product or products they want in one go). The downside is that it is 29mb instead of 3mb, but we felt that in this age of high-speed internet connections and massive hard disks, this shouldn't be such a problem.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason Crease
    Red Gate Software