Localized project template

JuergenFJuergenF Posts: 2
edited August 1, 2007 3:27PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hello,
I'm currently evaluating the trial and it's just the tool we need.

Only problem I have: I'd like to create german setup packages.

I didn't find a localized project template for download, so I translated a form for testing.
Since I use VS2005 (and probably can't get at an old VS2003), at the end I had a converted project in VS2005 format, which Packager can't use, it seems.
The error message I got when creating a package was like 'wrong content in project file'

So, are there translated templates anywhere, or must I really try to get an old VS2003?
Or did I do something else wrong to get this error?

ATM I think, if not the template, I only could translate each generated project anew, which would be a bit cumbersome...

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello Juergen,

You can edit a C# project that is output by SQL Packager using Visual Studio 2005, but not the 'SQL Packager code template' project. This must be edited by hand or using VS 2003. This is because of a difference in the format of the resource (resx) files created by .NET 1.1 and 2.0. The 2.0 resource reader doesn't understand the 1.1 resource created by Packager.

It is possible to edit a finished package in Visual Studio 2005 because the project conversion wizard converts the resource files to the proper format.