Copy duration etc ..

pblaylockpblaylock Posts: 2
edited February 21, 2008 9:17AM in Log Shipping Monitor
Hi,

I have been using the app for a couple of weeks and I have found it very useful. A couple of observations from my use ...

- our logs are shipped over a relatively slow link so it would be useful to get an idea how long the copy took (although I am not sure how you would find that out!)

- a couple of times I have just wanted to get a quick idea over the current status. I have found myself hovering over the tray icon to get a quick summary, so that would be a useful addition

- In the database properties it would useful to see the database collation as with our databases this is often different to the server default.

- Possibly an option to have to app start with windows.

Thanks for a useful little app.

Comments

• I agree this
    " Possibly an option to have to app start with windows"

wish have something like SQL Service, start with windows
    Our server in remote location and we can't have one "remote user" open in order have log shipping monitor program open. It seem no pratical.

anyway, this is a good tool!

Cheers
  • j.salmonj.salmon Posts: 44 Bronze 2
    >>" Possibly an option to have to app start with windows"
    Yes this would be nice.

>>- a couple of times I have just wanted to get a quick idea over the current status. I have found myself hovering over the tray icon to get a quick summary, so that would be a useful addition
    This would also be a nice feature, but would need to be some what customizable as to the information it displays.