Options

Installed 3.5

AmbroseAmbrose Posts: 5
edited July 18, 2007 6:14PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Installation went very smoothly. This was an upgrade from 3.0 on WinXP SP2, and it appears to work fine in SMS 2005.

One thing I'd suggest/like is to detect if Query Analyzer is installed or not and, if not, not install the system tray bit that integrates with it. Or at least ask me if I want that part installed.

If not that, then have an easy way to disable it. Maybe there is one; I saw something in its options about disabling, but it wasn't clear that it would only disable the QA integration or all of SQL Prompt, so I didn't use it and instead deleted from Startup and exited.

The ideal would be for it not to be installed in the first place, though, IMO.

Awesome product, though!

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Thanks Ambrose, glad you like it, and I'm really glad the upgrade went so smoothly. We really wanted to get that right because obviously everybody using 3.0/3.1 has probably spent quite a bit of time tweaking the options to get it working just the way they want and if we screwed that up.... well I'd be emigrating to Mars.

You're right in that if you disable SQL Prompt in the Options dialog then that will disable auto-complete functionality in all editors. The only way at present to stop the tray app starting up is as you've done: right click it and then exit, and then delete it from the Startup folder on your Start menu, and I'd certainly agree that this is something we could look to improve in future releases.

Cheers,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd