3.5 First Look

ChrisRickardChrisRickard Posts: 37 Bronze 2
edited July 18, 2007 1:29PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Great job on what you have so far on 3.5. It seems like you really listened to what people were posting here on the forums. The first few things that popped out at me were:

New options dialog layout. I didn't particularly think the old one needed improving but I'll admit it does make things seem "less busy". The Snippet Editor now copies and pastes. :)

SQL Prompt 2x style Snippet Insertion. :D This is one of my favorites, I can insert a snippet very quickly without waiting for the popup to appear. However I have to re-train myself because I now instinctively hit enter :lol: I noticed there's no option to turn this off. While I personally wouldn't do this there probably are people who would.

Cross Database support.

Smart JOIN candidates. This one was kind of weird. I intentionally tried to get it to work to see it but nothing seemed different from 3.1. Then later I noticed it working. It might have been me messing around with the options.

Handy link to these forums

I can set the font and window size!!

Comments

• Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Thanks for the positive feedback Chris. Glad you like it.

The only thing we really changed with join conditions was the ordering in the candidate list because it was somewhat poor in earlier versions. So now we show foreign key based conditions at the top and the others after that which I think would probably make more sense to most people. When writing JOINs we also now show tables related by foreign key at the top of the list, followed by all the other tables, followed by views etc, which is something that we also had a few requests for.

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Cheers,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd