Cannot Access Beyond Live Log

edited July 5, 2007 6:43PM in SQL Log Rescue
I am not able to access anything further back in history other than what is being pulled from the live logs. I have daily .bak and .trn files that I am generating which should contain this data. My recovery model is also set to Full.

Comments

• Hi there,

When you selected the backups to use, did SQL Log Rescue produce any warnings? Specifically, ones regarding gaps in the log chain or similar?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate
  • There were no messages or errors given after importing the logs.
  • In that case, would you mind creating a directory named "logs" in your SQL Log Rescue installation folder?

Make sure the user you're running SLR as has the appropriate permissions to write to this folder, then close and open SLR if it was previously running. Then, go through the wizard, selecting your backups and so on, allowing it to process the logs and show you the list of log entries.

If you then look in the logs directory, you should (with a bit of luck) have a text file with a load of debugging information in it.

If you could email this to me at robert [dot] chipperfield [at] red-gate [dotcom], I'll take a look and see if I can see where things might be going wrong.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert Chipperfield
    Red Gate