Options

Virtual user and State Information....

danishhdanishh Posts: 12
edited September 29, 2004 8:05AM in ANTS Load
Brian,

I have a spreadsheet with 1000 logins id's....I am licensed for up to 100 virtual users. I run a steady test for 10 minutes thinking that the 100 v.users will cycle through all id's.

What I'm noting is that they pick out the first 100 id's from the stateinformation and then they keep cycling through those....the id's ranging from 101-1000 never get used.

How can i vary the users to use from the entire set of id's.

thanks,
Danish.
EcommLink Inc.

Also what needs to happen to make the v.users go through the id's once and then stop. (i.e I dont want v.user 1 to restart after finishing)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Danish,

We've ahad a look into ANTS Load and found that it can only support the same number of entries as the number of virtual clients that you can run. It will only use the first 100 state information entries and then start at the top of the list again, I'm afraid.

Please let us know if you run into any other issues.
  • Options
    Brian,

Alright....with that said...can i limit the load tool to run once and then stop. Not to have any virtual users repeat themselves. Basically run throught he state info once and then stop altogether??

If yes...then how do I go about this?

Thanks.
    Danish.
  • Options
    Hi Danish,

I forgot to offer my friendly, helpful suggestion to workaround the problem!

You could try splitting the 1000 users into ten sets of stateinformation, then set the test up to have ten identical scripts all using the different stateinformation matrixes.
  • Options
    Brian,

Thanks...I had some inconsistancies in the results i recieved that is why i was hesitant in using multiple actors.

How do I go about the second scenario....in case of benchmarking. I want the vusers to go and finish the scenario once and not start again....is it possible.

thanks,
    Danish.
  • Options
    Danish,

You could put a long sleep at the end of the script. That way the virtual clients would just wait and do nothing else. I'm not sure why you'd want to do this though - perhaps you could explain? Thanks.
    - Neil Davidson
    Red Gate Software Ltd
This discussion has been closed.