Options

Log Shipping : Issue in GUI Activity History

csmcsm Posts: 17
edited June 25, 2007 11:55AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello...

Using Log Shipping, with multiple threads on the backup.

Since changing to multiple threads, I've noticed a sporadic issue in SQL Backup GUI when viewing Activity History on the destination server.

About 50% of the time when I launch the GUI and click to the desintation server, each transaction log restore will have multiple line items for each restore - however both lines will not be "complete". Closing the program, and reopening often resolves this - only showing a single entry per scheduled job.

For instance, presently I see two lines...

Line 1 shows the SQL Backup vault icon, successful outcome, a time of 18 seconds, 1 file ... and all the other normal items.

Line 2 does not display the vault icon, a time of 0 seconds, a blank file column.

Both lines show the same date.

Both servers, and the local sql backup gui are all running the latest version... 5.1.0.2781. SQL 2000.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for letting us know about this.

We have found a problem with multi thread restores where the entire file has to be read before a restore proceeds, thus slowing it down. This will be fixed in version 5.2.

I will add this additional information to the recorded bug so that it can be verified and hopefully solved.

Regards
    Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd