Options

Emergency Data Merge

Need to know if Data Compare can do this... tried it, but didn't seem to work right...

Yesterday I had a version of a database up and running in production. Today I thought I backed up that database and moved it to a new DB server. Unfortunately I somehow restored a database that was several weeks old.

So now I have todays database that has information logged in it TODAY but previous to today, the last valid data was 5/22 and was records 1 to 1000 lets say.

Yesterdays' database has data in it all the way up to yesterday - 6/12 and has records 1 to 1500.

I need to take just the records say from TODAY's database records 750 to 1000 and insert them into yesterday's database and make these record be 1501 to 1750...

make sense?

can data compare do this? help! :)
--
Patrick

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Patrick,

Data Compare can filter records using a where clause on the table, for instance you could specify WHERE ID BETWEEN 750 AND 1000, but the identity values from the source will be applied to the destination database. You wouldn't be able to take ID 750-1000 and renumber them from 1501-1750 in the destination database.