Options

Error 1327. Invalid Drive:

laurencerookslaurencerooks Posts: 28
edited June 4, 2007 9:23AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have a Windows Server 2000 with Service Pack 4 installation. Each time I try to install SQL Backup Professional v5.1 I get the following error message:

Error 1327. Invalid Drive: H:I am terminal serviced into the machine and my home drive has been set to H: in my environment variables, but that doesn't seem to be the problem because the error still occurs even after I set my home drive to C:. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Laurence

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Laurence,

I know this problem very well. It's usually caused when your network administrator changes your profile type from 'roaming' to a normal local one. The paths to your shell folders don't change for some reason and continue to point to a network location. Here is the procedure to fix it in that case:
    • Click Start, and then click Run. The Run dialog box opens.
      In the Open field, type regedit, and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
    • In the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    • In the right pane, note the values in the Data column of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry and select Modify.
    • Type the correct drive letter in the Value data field, and then click OK. For example, if one of the values is "X:\Documents and Settings\Administrator", the drive letter should be changed to a valid drive on the system, such as “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator".
    • Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
    • Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each of the following registry keys:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    • Close the Registry Editor and run the installation again.

Please get back to us if this does or does not work.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the administrators will allow me to do that since I am using Remote Desktop to connect in and install the software. I did figure out a work around though, which was using the GUI console on my workstation to remotely install the software on the SQL Server. It doesn't provide the server with the software to manage it directly on the server, but it does provide what I need to backup the databases.

Laurence