Options

2nd custom comparison key feature request

dpuzadpuza Posts: 13
Every time I refresh the "Tables & Views" tab, all the custom comparison keys I set up are cleared... !! I have to manually write up a list of which ones to set up again before I refresh (because I am not setting a custom key on all tables, only certain tables); and then as noted in my previous topic it is a very manual time consuming process to set them all up again.

Please update Data Compare so that it remembers the custom keys just like it remembers the unchecked tables and views. I would like to know as soon as this is available, because while the RG Compare bundle is helping me tremendously, this particular part is creating a lot of unnecessary tedious work for me!

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

I have tried what you've said on SQL Data Compare, and haven't noticed this problem. Could you be using an older version of Data Compare?

If not, can you please go through exactly the steps you used to make the tables and views reset to default?

The current version of Data Compare is 5.3.0.68. You can try using check fro updates from the help menu to get the latest version.
  • Options
    This is on version 5.3.0.68.

Steps:

- Edit an existing comparison project
    - Set one or more custom comparison keys
    - Compare Now
    - Close the comparison project
    - Edit the comparison project again
    - Go to Tables & Views tab

The tables and views are automatically refreshed. After the grid refreshes, the custom comparison keys now say "Not Set"

Alternate steps:

- Edit an existing comparison project
    - Set one or more custom comparison keys
    - Compare Now
    - Press the "Edit Project..." button
    - Go to Tables & Views tab. At this point the custom keys are still there.
    - Press the Refresh button on the Tables & Views tab

After the grid refreshes, the custom comparison keys now say "Not Set"