Options

Export problems

dpuzadpuza Posts: 13
edited May 31, 2007 1:02PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
1) A coworker exported his results from SQL Compare 5.3 and emailed them. I had Excel 2000 installed at the time, and the document looked all messed up when I loaded it. It was unreadable, like everything had tried to be mashed into one cell. I was able to reproduce it exporting from my machine as well. On newer versions of Excel, it looks ok.

2) I am trying to export to Interactive HTML, but when the page loads, the image icons show the default X icon, and there are script errors: "Expected ')'" and "Object expected". Any ideas what I can do about this?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I can't say for sure why you could not load a file exported as Excel from SQL Compare in Excel 2000 because I do not have a version this old handy to test against. It may work better to use a different format. The object model of Excel has probably changed since Excel 2000 and now SQL Compare can't send data to it.

The interactive HTML report takes its' images from our website, so possibly you are offline from the Internet when producing the report. If you connect briefly, just to run the report, the report images should be cached to your local computer for offline viewing afterwards.

You may also get a security warning from Internet Explorer about active content -- you would need to right-click the warning and allow active content to run.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems.