SP ordering incorrect when using FTI

paulhpaulh Posts: 35 Bronze 2
edited May 29, 2007 5:09PM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi, I just tried to package a database that contained full-texting indexing and there were a couple of problems...

1. No "sp_fulltext_database 'enable'" statement was included in the script.
2. It scripted some SPs that had a CONTAINSTABLE statement before the FTIs were created, so the script rolled back as the tables did not have FTI.

Paul

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post. I see what you're saying; Packager doesn't deal with creating full-text catalogs or enabling the database. There is a short blurb about it in the help file:
    Note that if you want your database to use filegroups or full-text processing you should create the database manually, and use the Upgrade an existing database option.

If you have any further comments, please let me know.
  • paulhpaulh Posts: 35 Bronze 2
    Brian

What I did was create an empty database and then use the "Upgrade an existing database" setting. The help doesn't say you have to create the FTI manually, just the database.

The script also does create the FTI and SPs, my problem is that it does it in the incorrect order; so on the whole I'd still say that this was a bug.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Paul,

I agree.

I'd say that the root of the problem is that the Packager's dependency parser doesn't index anything inside CONTAINS() functions. I can double-check this tomorrow, but I seem to recall advising someone awhile back to create two packages, one with everything but stored procedures and a second one just with the stored procedures in it.