Feature Request - job status column

Giggles220Giggles220 Posts: 154
edited June 4, 2007 12:32PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I'd like to see the job status column appear on the jobs tab. I have the option of starting a job in sql backup but I can't see if it is running still.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Giggles220

Thank you for your post into the forum.

I am little confused as to why you wish to see a job status column on the jobs tab.

Currently the jobs tab will inform you when the job was last run, the outcome when it last ran and the due date/time when the job next runs.

The In Progress tab will inform on what jobs are currently running and their progress.

If you decide to run a created job, by right clicking the Job and selecting start, an In Progress dialog box appears. When the job completes and reports success or failure, there is a Close button for you to click on to close the dialog box.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • If the job is running but verifying the backup it does not appear in progress thus I have no way of knowing that the job is running or didn't start.
    Now I understand.

The In Progress tab only lists the backup tasks that are actually performing the backup phase. Any pre- and post-processing tasks (such as verification, deletion of logs and history, database space allocation) are not included in this, and during these stages the backup will not appear in the “In Progress” tab.

Do you want me to submit a request to include the pre and post processing tasks for the backup job appear in the "In Progress" tab?

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Yes that would solve my problem.

Thanks alot
  • Do you want me to submit a request to include the pre and post processing tasks for the backup job appear in the "In Progress" tab?

Yes Please! This has caused much confusion too on our end...
    I have submitted a Feature Request to include the pre and post processing tasks on the "In Progress" tab for a backup and restore jobs.

At the time of writing this reply, I do not have any further information as to when this feature will be approved or what Version of SQL Backup that the requested functionality will appear.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    Eddie Davis
    Redgate Software Ltd