Options

How to analyze Load& performance test results

greatguysgreatguys Posts: 2
edited May 19, 2007 1:03PM in ANTS Load
Hi
Some one could you help me to analyze the load and performance test results.we are using .net based web application .We are using Red gate ANTS load test tool it’s giving some results I, am unable to analyze the graphs and results.

These are the result i got some graphs on it unable to add with this post some one please help me to understand it.

Performance counter information
This section shows how the performance counters changed over the duration of the test. The charts on the left show the actual data over the course of the test while the charts on the right show the distribution. You can use the charts on the left to spot cyclical patterns in performance counters, while the charts on the right are useful for determining overall behaviour.

.\Processor\% Processor Time\_Total
Average 20
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 36
5th percentile 11
95th percentile 31
.\Memory\Pages/secAverage 2
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 40
5th percentile 0
95th percentile 20
.\Web service\Current connections\_Total
Average 0
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 0
5th percentile 0
95th percentile 0
.\Web service\Total method requests/sec\_Total
Average 0
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 0
5th percentile 0
95th percentile 0
.\Web service\Bytes received/sec\_Total
Average 0
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 0
5th percentile 0
95th percentile 0
.\Web service\Bytes sent/sec\_Total
Average 0
Minimum value 0
Maximum value 0
5th percentile 0
95th percentile 0

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

The statistics about the performance counters simply try to give a more accurate picture of the overall performance data. Minimum, Maximum, and Average are self-explanatory. The 5th and 95th percentile are about eliminating the unusual low and high values. For instance, a 5-second peak of 100% CPU usage would seriously skew the average and make it too high, even though the CPU peaked for a short period. Discounting the upper and lower 5% give a better picture of the result.

Hope this helps!