Options

Reporting: Update server history - Failed (on login)

BryantBryant Posts: 20 Bronze 2
edited May 3, 2007 11:04AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have SQL Backup Pro 5 installed on three computers so far:
* My local PC: client only
* JOBSSERVER: SQL 2005 - used for running SQL Agent jobs and SQL Backup 5 reporting
* DEVSERVER: Development server with 2 SQL2000 instances and 1 SQL2005 instance

I set up the reporting database in a remote desktop session to JOBSSERVER and created a failed backup report for all instances on JOBSSERVER and DEVSERVER with no problem. When I tried to create a report from my local PC using the JOBSSERVER reporting database I got the error shown below. Let me know if there is any other information that might be of help.

Update server history - Failed
==============================

Updating JOBSSERVER - Successful

This operation completed successfully.

Updating DEVSERVER - Failed

TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "DEVSERVER" returned message "Communication link failure".

Updating DEVSERVER\SQL2005 - Failed

TCP Provider: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "DEVSERVER\SQL2005" returned message "Communication link failure".

Updating DEVSERVER\SQL2005 - Failed

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Bryant,

Reporting uses Linked Servers to pull the data back off the remote servers - can you check the configuration in SQL Server Management studio of your linked servers and then try and address them from your source server directly when logged in via managmeent studio - you might need to tweak the impersonated login details for each of the linked servers - especially if using SQL Server Authentication rather than SSPI based authentication.

- James
    James Moore
    Head of DBA Tools
    Red Gate Software Ltd