Options

Upgrade from ANTS Standard to Pro

GeneSGeneS Posts: 3
Hi,

I have the ANTS Profiler Standard installed on my machine. Now I've gor the key for the Professional edition but cannot find a way to upgrade. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work: it picks up the old settings (from the Registry?)

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    GeneS wrote:
    Hi,

I have the ANTS Profiler Standard installed on my machine. Now I've gor the key for the Professional edition but cannot find a way to upgrade. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall but it didn't work: it picks up the old settings (from the Registry?)

Please help!

To change the license start ANTS Profiler and go to the about screen. There right-click on the serial number and select 'Enter serial number'. Use your new serial number and all should be well in the world.

Hope this helps.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Worked like a charm. Thanks Rich! :D

As an afterthought, can it be made a bit more intuitive? E.g. the About box could contain a short phrase explaining how to enter a new serial #. Will cost about quarter of a penny and can probably save trouble for people who need it like myself.
  • Options
    It's just one of those small bits of UI that was only for testing and has made it out into the live world and has now become consistent over quite a few products.

I'm sure it'll get promoted to the About menu soon.

Sadly any change costs about a month with the release testing and install testing of changes. The price of well tested software.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd