Newly created database not cached

TomTTomT Posts: 22
edited April 27, 2007 12:41PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I created a new database on a server which has multiple databases, all of which have their cache included properly in the Cache Management screen.

The newly created database does not appear in this list, nor does SQL Prompt attempt to build the cache when I connect to this database. I even went so far as to create a new connection to force this, but this does not work either.

I'm running the latest version.

Can you help?
TomT

Comments

• Will anyone be answering me on this?
    TomT
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Tom,

Sorry about the delay. If the software is operating normally, than the only way this could happen is if you include the database in the list of databases to ignore in the options (Connections tab).

Otherwise it's hard to say. SQL Prompt doesn't have any debugging or tracing capabilities that could help. Maybe starting a SQL Profiler session to trace the connection to that particular database when SQL Prompt is supposed to connect to it may releal the cause of the problem.
  • Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting. There's a bug that means in the same session it doesn't always refresh its own database list. If you restart your editor you should find it works fine.

Cheers,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Thanks, Bart, for the assist! :-)
  • Bart Read wrote:
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting. There's a bug that means in the same session it doesn't always refresh its own database list. If you restart your editor you should find it works fine.

Cheers,
    Bart

Thanks Bart, I'll give that a try.
    TomT