Below is a berief description of the hardware and software that is being used, the things I have tried so far and the error message.
All suggestion are welcome
OS Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition (x64) SP1
SQL: Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition (64-bit) SP1
SQL Backup v4
Hardware: UNIsys ES7000-one
8x Em64T 2.6Ghz CPU
Connected to a SAN
What I tried
1. I have checked the service account and it has all the permissions on the server and on the network share.
2. I have restarted the services. (SqlBackup & SQL server)
3. I have reinstalled SQL Backup v4
4. I have tried to run a backup job from the commandline. ( get the sam error)
5. I have connected to the server from another server that has the SQLBackup v4 installed. I can access the jobs and the schedule etc. But when I try to make a backup the job completes but it isn't writting a backup file to the drive.
6. I have started the jobs through SQL. The job excutes successfully but no backup file.
I get the following error
Access violation at address 337D07FE in module 'sqlncli.dll'. Read of address 003A003F
Server : ServerName