Illegal characters in path.

rdugrerdugre Posts: 13
edited April 21, 2008 5:16AM in Memory tracker
Just a minor issue. When I attempt to open the "aspnet_wp.exe" process, I get the message "Illegal characters in path." It seems to open the process successfully, but I'm assuming it's complaining about the underscore in the process name.

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 New member
    There seems to be some wierdness in the environment of the worker process application -- aspnet_wp.exe's path includes a question-mark. .NET's System.IO.File namespace seems incapable of resolving this path, which seems to me a bug in the framework. See here for more information.

Perhaps creating an application config file for Memory Tracker forcing the supportedRuntime to .NET 2.0 will make this work. I'm not in a position to try it right now, but I'll see if I can look into it later.

Thanks!
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 New member
    Hi,

Creating a RedGate.Memory.UI.exe.config file does solve the invalid path problem for aspnet_wp.exe:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    	<startup>      
          <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/>
       </startup>
    </configuration>

There seems to be a problem accessing some bit of memory now, however. Hopefully it works for you.
  • Sandy13Sandy13 Posts: 1 New member

What we do is provide students with professional essay writing services all year round. With us, you will no longer have to worry about having neither time to complete the assignment nor ideas on how to start writing an essay. We’ve got you covered. The team of experienced writers at our high-quality online essay writing service is at your disposal, and we are always ready to offer you a helping hand when you are dealing with a complex essay writing assignment. Here’s why choosing us will be advantageous for you:

• Make use of our smart paper feature—choose this option and you will get a well-written sample and detailed comments on its key aspects from your writer
    • The timely delivery of all orders
    • The option to choose an ENL writer, an ESL writer, or the highest-ranked expert
    • All sample essays are written from scratch, which means zero plagiarism
    • Progressive delivery—the option to get your paper delivered in parts
    • With us, the possibility of getting your assignment done in eight hours is very real
    https://expert-writers.net/