Options

ANTS Profiler 2.6 - Unable to start profiling

Hello,
I am unable to profile my application running on .Net FW 2.0.

This is the error I get. Any help is greatly apprecieated.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ANTS Profiler
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 04/03/2007
Time: 8:15:20 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ZEBWL06A15581
Description:
Unable to start profiler - exception details System.Exception: Unable to set profiling environment data for ASP.NET user - Error code 2

Server stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._1(IntPtr , String , String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController._7(String )
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfileIISController.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, String url)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.ProfilingSession.StartProfiler()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [1]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
at System.Windows.Forms.MethodInvoker.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at _3._4(IAsyncResult )

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I don't understand why Profiler now throws error code 2 -- file not found -- when in previous versions it would show an error code to do with a logon failure (1381, etc).

But you may want to check your computer's local security policy to make sure the ASPNET user has the 'logon as a batch job' right. Also check the event logs for errors of source 'userenv'. If the ASPNET user's profile is corrupt, you can't change it until the profile is deleted and recreated.

On IIS 5.x, ANTS does a batch logon as ASPNET to modify the user environment.

The quickest foolproof workaround is to profile the web app using webdev.webserver.exe:

http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... php?t=3472